Friday, December 16, 2011

A Gifted Box

I made this and two other boxes so that they can be played with over and over again.
The secret is wrapping the bottom and the top of each box separately.
They can be gifted and regifted many times.
Small toys and mini stuffed animals make great "gifts".
These could also make cute ornaments that have a surprise inside.





1) I first started with these jewelry boxes. They are small but sturdy and will hold up to repeated play.

20 I used leftover scraps of foil wrap in small textured patterns. Any small printed patterns will work as well, just make sure you use a paper that is not too thin, since you will want these to last.

3) I cut a piece of paper that wide and long enough to wrap around the bottom and sides of the bottom of the box.
4) Next, I put glue on the center of the piece of paper, and on the bottom of the box.
5) Then, I pressed the bottom of the box onto the center of the paper.

6) Then I trimmed away excess paper at each corner as shown above. On two opposing sides I cut up to the corner the same width as that side. On the remaining two sides I cut about 1/8" wider at each corner (this will make a neater corner).
7) Next, I applied glue to the sides of the box and on the rest of the paper.

8) Working with the sides that have the wider paper first, press the paper up the sides and make a small snip at the corners.
9) Next finish pressing the rest of the paper onto the inside of the box.
10) Then press the 1/8" extra width around onto the other sides as shown above.
11) Glue and press the remaining sides onto the box and repeat the steps the the top of the box.
The above photo shows the finished box. But no gift would be complete without a pretty bow!

The finished wrapped boxes.


Finally, I added ribbons to both the tops and bottoms of the boxes, with bows on top!



Add some tissue paper by cutting a few sheets to about 5"x7".




Add a few small gifts, and the boxes can be played with over and over again.



These boxes could also be used for Christmas ornaments by just adding a loop of string or a hook!



Thanks for stopping by, and I wish you a Happy Holidays.

Creatively Yours,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment