Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentines's Day!


   Ahh...Hearts- the universal symbol of LOVE. We  can actually substitute the word or the symbol for heart for the word "love" as in "I heart you".
   My daughter loves hearts, she draws hearts, wears hearts, paints hearts. She painted the two heart paintings that you see above. The "heart" long sleeved tee that the doll is wearing is a redesign of  one of my daughter's favorite tops. She really didn't want to give it up even after it was clearly too small for her! So the next best thing was to make a top for her doll out of it!
   I decided to make the theme for Valentine's Day an "Artist Theme". When I think of Valentine's Day, I think of hearts, but I also think of  homemade Valentines. And I also think of all of the beautiful rainbow colored hearts of all sizes that adorn our home (thanks to my daughter- the lover of all hearts).
   The cute little mug that holds the paint brushes was from a thrift shop and cost $0.50. I love the message, and it goes with the theme beautifully. I think that it was originally meant to be a "collectible mini", but the size is perfect. The paint brushes are old worn out brushes that I no longer used. I just cut the handle shorter, trimmed the bristles shorter and and sanded the cut end of the handle.
   This week I will show you how to make the heart top, the striped sweater, and denim skirt. On my previous post, I showed you how to make the artist's easel.


   How cute is this? (those are two different shades of pink sequins on the heart). My daughter flipped when she saw this! Still sad about the top that she can no longer wear, but thrilled with seeing her doll wearing a smaller version of her old one! I just might be able to do something with the left over sequins from the original top to make her something new..




   This cute sweater started out as a 3 month old size sweater from a thrift shop that I picked up for $2.00! Working with the original placket and trims, it only took some hand sewing to make a doll size version.


Thank you for stopping by.
I look forward to showing you how to make the Valentine's outfit.


Please let me know what you think and post a comment below, I'd love to hear from you.

Creatively Yours,
Donna

2 comments:

  1. The first picture is so ADORABLE. I really love everything that you make on your blog. Especially the backpack! You are very creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vivy! I'm having fun with this blog and I'm glad that you like it!

    ReplyDelete